MEST Africa is happy to announce that applications are open for the Class of 2025! Get access to world-class education in Software development, Business and Communication Skills from MEST Africa’s 12-month Training Program. Apply now to be a part of the next class of innovative technology entrepreneurs!
MEST has confirmed to start the new cohort for its core Training Program in August 2024. Applications open 11th January 2024 and close 18th March 2024.
Apply ahead of the deadline to get faster updates and feedback on your application status!
About the MEST Training Program
MEST offers a 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent.
The entrepreneurial training program in business, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
We also offer our entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to expand their network and receive feedback and mentorship from real-life Entrepreneurs, CEO and other executives from all over the world. We also offer our entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to expand their network and receive feedback and mentorship from real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Our quarterly Guest Lecturers have been executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, MTN, and many more.
Since its inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $30m in training 2000+ individual entrepreneurs and funded 90+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y Combinator, 500 Startups and TechStars.
- Core Programming Languages
- Web and Mobile Development
- Forming Culture Driven Teams
- Business and Revenue Modeling
- Branding and Communications
- Market Research
- Product Development and Innovation
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Financial Management and Investments
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Metrics and Measurements
- Sales and Traction
- Preparing for investments
- Branding and Communications
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Investor Pitching
- Team Management and Leadership
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and a deep desire to start a software company
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35, who are passionate about tech and entrepreneurship
- Should be ready to commit to a full-time, fully residential program for 12 months in Accra, Ghana
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects - demonstrate this by completing the required assessment and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
How to apply
Complete the required assessment:
Kindly note that you are required to finish this assessment and submit your proof of completion in the application form by the application deadline.
Take an Aptitude Test
You are required to take the Aptitude Test as your score will be requested when filling your application form and will determine your move to the next stage. Please follow this link to take the test.
Complete the MEST Training Program Application Form
Please follow this link to apply to the MEST Training Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am unable to access the Application form. Why do I keep getting redirected to the Guidelines?
- For each action, you will be led to the Guidelines first. Kindly scroll to the bottom of the page to see the Application form. After clicking Apply now, you will be led to sign up / sign in. After this, the Guidelines will be reloaded- scroll up to enter your address details and click Save Address and Continue. From here, you should see the Guidelines again. Now scroll up for the last time and you will see the Application form at the bottom of the page.
How much does this program cost?
- The MEST Training Program is fully-sponsored and requires no financial payments to MEST. This is a full-time program that requires you to be available to attend all classes and sessions.
Where will the training take place?
- The training program will take place at the MEST Main Campus in Accra, Ghana.
What is the training duration of this program?
- The duration of the MEST Training Program is 12 months.
Who qualifies for this program?
- The program is targeted at aspiring software entrepreneurs between the ages of 18-35, who have a deep desire to build tech startups that solve real-world problems around the globe.
Do I need to have any previous software development experience to be considered for the program?
- No, you don’t need prior experience in software development to qualify for the program. You should have a genuine interest in business and technology and be ready to fully commit to the program. All necessary skills you need prior to the start of the program will be communicated to you in due course.
Who is this program open to?
- This program is open to anyone of African nationality or citizenship who meets all the application requirements and is able to attend in-person interviews in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya or South Africa.
If I don’t complete the prerequisite assessment, will I lose the chance of being selected into the program?
- The assessment is mandatory for your candidacy for the program. As stated earlier, kindly note that you do not need to finish this before you fill in the MEST Application form. However you are encouraged to complete it and submit your proof of participation.
I have applied but haven’t heard back on my application.
- Application to the program has a deadline. The MEST Recruitment team will get in touch with you once the application window closes and selection of final candidates is completed. Please hold on until the application period is over to hear back from us. If you do not hear back before the program start date, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
How do I upload my proof of completion for the Entrepreneurial Resilience and Personality Evaluation?
- Once you have completed the assessment, a confirmation message will be automatically sent to your email. Upload a screenshot of the email to the application form.
Applications will close: 18th March 2024. If you have any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com